Friday, January 8, 2010

Other Hobbies

While Knitting is my newest project, I have many others that I also work on.  It just so happens that knitting is the only one that is consistently scheduled in right now, as I go to a craft group every wednesday night for a few hours.

I have been a crocheter since I was young, but I haven't worked on it too much lately.  In fact, I have an afghan that I have been working on since I was a teen, that I have finally declared done, but it still needs all the ends tucked in.  Doing scarves in crochet goes very quickly!

Scrapbooking is another craft that I am involved in, but I don't get to work on it as often as I might like, but is probably good in its own way.  I don't have that many pictures to scrapbook these days, so I tend to run out when I do work on them.  I have a few friends that I get together with to work on our books, and our get togethers just don't happen as often as they used to.

I have worked on other miscellaneous crafts over the year, but none have really held me like these have.  My grandpa showed me needlepoint when I was young, but I never really got into it.  I've attempted sewing, but its too finicky for my liking.  I did some rug hooking when I was younger, but just lost interest, I have two projects here somewhere.

No comments:

Post a Comment