Tuesday, January 5, 2010

Learning to Knit

One of the things I have always wanted to know how to do is knit.  So in fall 2009 I decided to join a craft guild and learn.  But I decided I should really know the basics before I went, so I found a video on youtube and learnt how to cast on and do a knit stitch.

From there, I worked on a scarf.  Eventually I got tired of just knit stitch.  I tried to find a video to teach me to purl, without much luck, so I ended up getting someone at the craft group to show me.  I can proudly say that I can knit and purl now, and hope I haven't forgotten as its been quite a while!
I had a scarf I was working on, but since decided it was much too wide so I ended up ripping it out.  I am going to start a blanket next, but will post about that in a seperate post.

No comments:

Post a Comment